2016 Access Fund Awards
2016 Award Recipients
Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations for Washington Access Fund’s 2016 Awards Program.
Join us for the third annual Awards Dinner on Thursday, November 3rd to recognize the following 2016 Award recipients:
- Best Practices Award: Seattle Repertory Theatre
- Innovation Award: Brendan Gramer & Chris Sano, creators of Captionfish.com
- Recreational Engagement Award: Vision Loss Connections
- Frances Pennell Economic Opportunity Award: Washington Department of Services for the Blind
- Ron Adams Outstanding Client Award: Tim Carter
Please check back in July 2017 for information about submitting Award nominations for those individuals, businesses, and organizations that you think make noteworthy efforts to include, serve, and help people with disabilities in Washington and Oregon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the nomination deadline?
Deadline for submissions: Extended until September 22nd, 2016
How do I nominate someone?
Can I nominate myself or my business?
Yes. Anyone is welcome to submit a nominations form regardless of their relationship to the nominee.
What information do I need to fill out the nomination form?
Please submit all the following information on the attached form:
- Identify award category (one per submission)
- Name and complete contact information for both nominator and award nominee.
- ONE to TWO paragraphs describing why nominee is deserving of recognition and in what ways their contribution or achievement has been outstanding.
What criteria will be used to determine Award winners?
Examples of noteworthy accomplishments may include:
- Dedication: the effort and commitment the nominee has demonstrated over time
- Impact: how individuals, families, communities or other organizations have been positively influenced by the nominee
- Barriers: the obstacles the nominee has successfully confronted
- Originality: a new approach, product, design, or service benefiting people with disabilities
- Inclusion: outreach to individuals with disabilities from diverse communities and removal of physical, behavioral or attitudinal barriers.
How will the winners be selected and notified?
Our Awards Committee will review all nominations after the submission deadline of September 15th, 2016. Award winners will be notified by phone and email no later than October 15th, 2016.
When and where will the awards be presented?
The 2016 Awards will be presented during our third annual Washington Access Fund Awards Dinner.
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2016
Time: 5:30 p.m. Cocktail hour & Check-in; 6:30 p.m. Dinner & Awards Ceremony.
Location: Bell Harbor International Conference Center, 2211 Alaskan Way, Pier 66
Buy Tickets Now: awardsdinner.brownpapertickets.com
For more information contact:
Washington Access Fund
1437 S. Jackson St, Suite 302
Seattle, WA 98144
Phone: (206) 328-5116